Sunday, December 11, 2011

The first Japanese Straightening...

I went to a local salon to try the latest craze in straightening - Japanese Straightening.  It was an amazing process, which I completely ruined the first time, but I'm getting ahead of myself.  The year was 1999, and I could not take my hair for another minute.  It took so long to do anything with it, and I was so tired of pulling it back when it grew (from heat, humidity, sweating, whatever).  I guess the flat iron was invented in the years since my last relaxing with Glenn, and this new added twist to the straightening process was one that I was excited and nervous to try.  First, they put the stuff through your hair, then they rinsed and flat-ironed, then they conditioned and neutralized, rinsed it out, blew it dry, and sent you on your way.  The biggest no-nos were putting a clip or tie in your hair, which would leave a permanent dent, or sweating.  It was June, I played tennis, I sweated and got ridges.  I had to have parts redone, but overall I really liked the results.  It wasn't, however, perfect.  I still had that ridge at the top of my scalp, ringing around my head, and so my goal was to find the perfect place to do the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment