Friday, December 2, 2011

Stephanie Marquesano - The Ollie's Experience

I have no idea what they used, but Ollie's in Kew Gardens/Forest Hills, Queens, NY was quite the experience. You walked in, sat in a chair, and moved down the line until it was your turn.  Usually there were 3-4 women who spoke no English busy straightening hair.  My mom would scope out the best at her job, and obsessively hope that she would be the one to do my hair.  See, the goal was to get rid of the ridge along the upper back of my head, and my mom was sure that not everyone could do that.  The best part of the Ollie's experience was that I never got burned.  yes, my scalp might have been numb or tingly for a few days, but no blisters or burns! Honestly, my hair looked like straw, but, hey, it was straight!

No comments:

Post a Comment