Friday, December 16, 2011

Stephanie Marquesano, Keratin - a new option?

Well, there has been so much on the news about Brazilian or keratin straightening products.  I can give you the perspective from two heads, my daughter's and mine.  After researching, calling the company, getting recommendations from friends and doing a consultation at a salon, I chose to have my daughter use the Coppola keratin treatment.  I was assured that her hair would not be straight (she wanted it curly with less frizz), and that it would, however, take a lot of time.  They explained that Coppola had a new product called the Chocolate, and it would work better on her hair, but it was just as safe ---lies, lies, lies!!!!!!!

Well, my daughter was nervous, she heard from people that the stuff smelled terrible, and she was afraid to see what it would do to her hair.  Disaster struck early.  She had a terrible reaction to the fumes coming out of her head.  In fact, it was so bad that they moved the chair outside into their courtyard.  So they were now doing her hair in the street, with extension cords for the flat iron and blow dryer.  We were both so upset when it was over, and I felt terrible.  She couldn't wash her hair for 3 days, it looked greasy and gross, and the reaction freaked us both out.

A search revealed that Coppola DID NOT MAKE A PRODUCT CALLED CHOCOLATE.  Coppola put me in touch with the salon's distributor who explained that the brand that made Chocolate did contain  real levels of formaldehyde.  I stormed the salon, and received a full refund, as well as a little extra.  I think they were worried that Coppola would pull the line because they had a huge Coppola poster hanging, but they used another product.  The worst part, it didn't even work.  By the second time she washed it there was no benefit to this disaster.  Up next, I actually try Coppola at another salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment