Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stephanie Marquesano - I have a curly girl of my own

So, when I had my own daughter in 1996, I could not have been more excited and surprised when she was born with black straight hair sticking up all over her head.  I figured that even with my hair and my husband's wavy thick hair, maybe just maybe, somehow I had beaten the odds and had a baby with straight hair.  My son had golden and brown ringlets, and I was really shocked by my daughter's hair.  I should have known my excitement was going to be short-lived.  We went to Disney World when she was 7 months old, it was March, it was freezing in NY and, of course, her little head had not been exposed to much humidity.  I remember watching her sweat for the first time in the heat and humidity of Orlando.  I looked at the nape of her sweet neck, and there it was - - -frizz.  I called my mother who found the whole thing somewhat amusing.  Now that I had a curly girl of my own, I would have two heads to worry about!

No comments:

Post a Comment